Tuesday, March 10, 2009

25 weeks


Hello. So I am now 25 weeks along. I can't believe that in about 15 weeks I will be holding my son, I am getting so excited. I do not feel like I have grown that much, but people still keep telling me how big I am. I am surprised that my tummy is still so low. I have heard that most people carry boys low, so I guess that it is true. I have been trying to watch what I eat, I have cut candy out completely, but I am still craving sweets. I am especially craving pineapple, Frosted Flakes and Honey Nut Cheerios. I eat a bowl of cereal in bed every night... I figure it is healthier then eating a Carmello in bed every night. My back is starting to hurt, and my ankles are sore too. I do not think it helps that I sit in a tiny little chair all day that is made for first graders. Student teaching is going great. It is fun, challenging, and rewarding. I still do not know what to do once Benji Bear comes. Should I look for a full time teaching job, just substitute, or stay at Pier 1? I want to be a stay at home mom, but then part of me want to teach because I have worked so hard for the past 5 years to get where I am with my career and schooling. I wish someone else could make this decision for me. With the economy the way it is though, it is possible that Fresno and Clovis won't be hiring. So maybe the decioson has been made for me. Luckily Derek and I can afford me working very little. We would really be stretching it if I didn't work at all, but with working around 15-20 hours a week we would be comfortable. I think it is normal to have some finacial worries about bringing a baby into this World. I want to make sure Benji has everything he could ever need/want. We can take care of the needs, and I think the Grandmas and Grandpas have the wants covered ;) I have had two friends of friends give birth this past week. Both of the women that gave birth were only about 4-6 weeks ahead of me. One of the babies only weighs 2 1/2 lbs. She is doing "good", I use quotes because she is obviously struggling, but the doctors truly think she will make it. It makes me so sad to hear stories like that, and it makes me nervous. You never think that something like that could happen to you and your baby, but it can. I just pray everyday that Benji stays in there until he is strong and ready!!!
On a happier note... Benji Bear is moving like crazy. Now I can see him and feel him rolling around and twisting and turning. It freaked me out the first night that he did it because my whole tummy moved. It made me laugh though, and when I laughed I discovered that my belly button just isn't the same. It is not an outie yet, but when I laugh it turns into this little mouth looking thing. It is hilarious. I am loving being pregnant, and I am loving being able to feel him move all throughout the day. It makes my day so much better to feel him. Derek and I just got back from the coast. We were there all weekend. It was so nice. 65 degrees and sunny, amazing! All we talked about was that the next time we went to the beach house we would have our little man with us.

3 comments:

catd said...

Oh, baby. I can't wait to be with you. Sorry to say...I think you are looking a bit big, especially for your first baby. That's ok though since you are feeling so good. Look for some stretching exercises on the web to help with your back and when you are home always put your feet up when you are sitting down. Just that little bit will make a big difference. Love you. Please give D & B a hug.

catd said...

Good morning, just had to see you and say hi first thing today.
Love ya

Jenna said...

My belly button is funny looking too! It's already turned into an outie but when I laugh it pokes out sooo far! I pray everyday that Jax stays in until he is full grown too--- but just know that once you hit about 28 wks, babies have a 95% survival rate. So you're almost there! As for teaching, Ryan and I have discussed the same thing. I'm not working right now and I don't plan on working anytime soon (plus I'm STILL finishing my degree), but we kinda decided that once the kids are all in school then I might go back to work. Be a stay at home mom while you can! But then once they are out of the house all day, you can focus more on yourself and your career! There. I made the decision for you :)