Friday, April 2, 2010

It's 8 O'clock on a Friday night...


So crazy how much your life can change in such a short amount of time. Sometimes I get a little sad when Derek leaves for work at 8pm on the weekends and I am at home by myself.....All of my close friends are out and about doing who knows what and I am at home. I love being a mommy, but when Ben goes to bed at 8pm, I am alone and that is a little depressing. I don't have any CLOSE friends who are moms and at times that is hard. But, I also think about if I did have close friends who were moms, they would be at home at night with their husbands. It is a strange situation being a police officers wife. When most other moms want to hang out during the day, Derek is home so we do family stuff, but at night when I need company, then their husbands are home. It is a little difficult at times. (I am very proud of what Derek does and I don't want him to think I am not thankful for the hard work he does to provide for our family, so I don't tell him how hard it is, and I am not sure if he would completely understand how I felt.) Tonight is one of those times. Especially with me not having my own house, I feel like I can't exactly invite friends over to do a movie night, and most of my friends would rather go out, which of course I am not going to do. Not that I don't ever go out with my friends, but usually I prefer to get a sitter when Derek and I go out together, either by ourselves or with our friends. So I am in a blue mood, and I am sorry to be complaining. Does any other mom feel like this at times or am I just being a brat???

No comments: