Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Doctors Appointment


So Derek and I went to the Doctor yesterday, and we got to hear the heartbeat. When we first got in there Dr. B. Said that it was still early and we probably wouldn't hear anything, so he searched and searched, and right before he was about to put the microphone thingy away, there it was! It was loud and clear and it was perfect. I could have listened to it for hours. It was amazing. I will not be getting an ultrasound for another 9 weeks... which is kind of sad, but as long as I can hear the heartbeat and know that the baby is healthy I am happy. I feel as though my tummy has finally popped out a bit. Derek says I am looking more and more pregnant everyday. I am not sure if he is just saying that because he knows I am wanting to look preggers, or if he really thinks so., either way it is sweet of him. My next appointment is right before Christmas on the 22nd. By then I believe I will be out of my first trimester, but again the whole timing thing still is confusing. Yesterday the doctor said I was 9 weeks and 2 days, but last time I saw him I was 6 weeks and that was four weeks ago... so that would mean 10 weeks. I know the 40 weeks starts from the first day of my last period, but obviously I didn't get pregnant that week so the baby is actually 9 weeks, but I am 10 weeks...CONFUSING! Anyways, I am a happy camper! I am feeling better, although I am much more tired now.. but besides that I am feeling good.

Tummy: 30 inches

2 comments:

catd said...

Hey guys,
Thanks for doing this. I love the reports. I read them over and over. And I love seeing your little tummy. Yes, you have a good husband. And he has a good wife. Little Scott is a blessed baby.

amy said...

My brother, Elliot, and his wife, Armeen, sometimes called their baby "Armeen Jr." before she was born.

They did wind up having a girl and named her Ruby, not Jr. I think that was a good choice. It was also good that they didn't name her The General. Elliot wanted to be able to say, "The General made a stinky" or "The General needs a nap."

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Little Scott.